Want to up-skill your OHL Design? Keen to gain insight into the issues we see and how to avoid them? Due to the extended lockdowns, we will be running a shortened version of our regular face-to-face course via four online seminars. Unlike most online courses, this one has a strong focus on practical outcomes, constructability and efficiency in design and construction.
Rather than having to sit through one long day of training (we know how much longer training feels virtually!), we are splitting the training up across 4 days, with a 2-hour session on each day (max). We will be running the training live from Monday September 6th to Thursday September 9th. Don’t despair if you can’t make it live as you can watch the recordings at a time that suits you.
Our goal with this training course is to offer an introduction to what is our full in-person course on overhead line design. The full training will take place over 3 days and include more details, topics, field excursions, worked examples and quizzes.
More about the seminars.
It has been developed after many years of observing and noting the gaps in knowledge within the OHLD industry, with a focus on helping the industry become more unified in the outcomes for all our clients. You will also be provided with a pdf including all of the material presented over the four sessions.
The full in-person course will be 3 days and include lots more detail, cover more topics, field excursions, worked examples and quizzes. And it will come with a price tag to suit.
These seminars are only $198 per person including GST, a great bargain. Especially given what you might save on your next project!
Who should attend?
- Why do we need Overhead Line Design?
- Limit state design and OHLD.
- Types of loads.
- Material strengths.
- Standards and their hierarchy.
- Components of an OHLD and their relationships.
- Robust line design.
- Conductors and conductor stringing.
- Common failure modes of conductors and how to avoid them.
- Typical design requirements and outputs.
- Environmental engineering.
- Geotechnical engineering.
- OHLD software.
Training provider’s profile
Grant Bailey’s qualifications and memberships include:
- Qualified Supervisors Certificate – Electrician
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons II) University of Newcastle.
- Master of Business – University of Newcastle
- Master of Teaching – University of Newcastle
- CertIV in Training and Assessment
- Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia (MIEAust).
- National Engineers Register – Electrical (NER).
- Registered Professional Engineer of Engineers Australia (RPEng).